Dear Parents/Guardians, Families, Students and Staff
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Day Feast Day
Another wonderful ‘Our Lady of Mount Carmel Feast Day’ was celebrated on Friday 14 September, in glorious weather.
The day began with the celebration of the Masses by Fr Paul Cahill and Fr Paul Sireh, who spoke very meaningfully to our community with their inspirational expression of our Faith, our Carmelite ethos and the importance of our responsibility to unconditionally care for others – through the life and example of Mary.
Loving God, as we celebrate this special day in honour of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, we open the doors of our hearts and our minds. Empower us to see you in the faces of our brothers and sisters, here at Whitefriars, in our College community and in the people of Timor-Leste. May Mary, the mother of your Son, help us to renew the world in your ways of peace and justice. We ask this prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen
Almae In Fide Parentis
Walkathon on OLMC Day
The wonderful effort of the boys in fundraising (through participation in the walkathon) for Timor-Leste is certainly appreciated. Congratulations to all. Please bring in any further sponsorship promises as soon as possible.
Student Leadership 2019
Congratulations to the following students on their appointments.
- College Captain: Nick Beltrami
- College Vice Captains: Ronan Oppy and Alex Vander
We wish these young men every blessing as they take up their leadership roles next year.
Special thanks and words of appreciation are extended to all the applicants for their participation in the Leadership Workshops, the Leadership Camp and for the speeches that the final group of ten gave last week. Other student leadership appointments will be finalised in the first few weeks of Term 4.
I acknowledge our appreciation and convey our thanks to all those involved in the recent successful activities:
- ACCent on Music – The combined concert for all ACC schools was held on Tuesday 18 September at Hamer Hall; an incredible experience for the 700 performers, as well as our community members in the audience. Congratulations to the talented Whitefriars students (50 participants) who were part of the program as members of either the bands, orchestra or choir.
- Year 10 Ballroom Dancing Presentation, with Our Lady of Sion College. Congratulations to the students (100 boys) for their commitment to rehearsals and for the splendid, talented performance on Thursday 13 September.
- VCAL Speech Night: Excellent presentations from the Year 12 Senior VCAL students; explaining their individual project, the activities experienced in 2018 and the benefits of the VCAL program.
- ACC Sport: Congratulations to our Year 7 (1) and Year 7 (2) Basketball Champions. Four other teams were runners up in their respective sports competition too, which is also very commendable. Congratulations to the Cross Country team: our U/13 Team on their 3rd place finish and U/14 Team on their 2nd place finish; and other excellent individual performances.
- International Program Homestay Evening
- Indonesia Study Tour – post trip celebration
- Year 9 Legacy Public Speaking
- VCE Unit 4 Outdoor Education Camp
- Brandsma House Sleep Out (20 students)
- Mullum Mullum Bike Trail Official Opening
- Intermediate VCAL Work Experience
Year 12 Valete Mass and Valedictory Dinner – Thursday 25 October
The end of secondary schooling for our Year 12 students is rapidly approaching! The College is extremely proud of the efforts and achievements of the 2018 Whitefriars Year 12 group. Please be assured that the College community is encouraging your son to maintain a truly positive approach at this busy time, to seek assistance as needed and to communicate with key personnel about any concerns he might have.
Information has been sent to parents from Mrs Anita Kay-Taylor regarding ticketing arrangements for the Valedictory Dinner. If you have any queries please contact Mrs Kay-Taylor.
Term 3 Holidays
I sincerely thank the staff, students and parents, for your work, dedication and energy in Term 3. I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday period.
Best wishes to all members of the College community.
Mr Anthony Kirley