Last week the Mathematics Faculty celebrated Maths Week. This year’s theme was ‘Digital Technologies’.
Activities ranged from an interactive workshop on ‘Engineering Innovation Challenge’ to the inaugural Kahoot Battle of the Houses. This year introduced a daily challenge which was a big success with an average of 300 responses per day.
Highlights included a visit from Swinburne University with some exciting engineering-based challenges, Ethan Wu is our Tetris champion and our Specialist Maths teams defended as our most talented mathematicians.
The activities were extremely well supported by students. Success of Maths Week is a team effort with special mention to Mr Paul Garriga, Ms Samantha Riddle and Timothy Abrahams (Maths Captain) for organising the various activities.
- Daily Challenge Questions – Seamus O’Neill (10), Evan Chee (9), Tyson Harrap (12), Adrian DeSaram (11) and Noah Sim (9)
- Tetris Challenge – Ethan Wu (10)
- VCE Battle – Specialist Maths with Phil Phung (12), Matthew Yao (12), Aaron Triffett (12) and Ethan Kouris (12)
- Battle of the Houses: Brandsma – Pasindu Ganegoda (7), Jack Heuston (7) and Daniel Kilkenny
- Stein – Jack Apostolopoulos (9), Liam Downie (10) and Harry Gierer (11)
- Lisieux – Thomas Cann (10), Bryce Pavitt (10) and Nick Stackpole (10)
- Soreth – Jack Harrington (9) and Oliver Laing-Nobrega (9)
- Avila, Corsini and Trinity only had one team enter and went straight into the final.
OVERALL CHAMPIONS – Corsini – Jayden Bardrick (11), David Ghaly (9) and Josh Wagner (10)